Birthday Boardgames

It's a Birthday Celebration! I have wonderful friends who opened up their home for me to celebrate my birthday. They threw a 1920's birthday party and it was a lot of fun. I wasn't able to dress the part but I did do my hair and makeup in the style.

I was so excited to actually get some games off our list that are more party games or higher player number count. We even took some games off our list of shame, Riff Raff, Irish Gauge,  Ladies and Gentlemen.

We spent the day looting malls, going on special quests in space together, smuggling items on a ship to making the best train root to make the most money and finishing off the evening with couples shopping or working for their ladies to look their best at a ball. It was a wonderful day full of friends and games. Those are the perfect days to me and Zack. 

A game I want to share the most info on is Riff Raff. It is a 4 player dexterity game that is silly and quick. There is a boat that is set up on top of the box that you get to balance items on. Each player has their set of objects and cards with a number 1-10 on them. Each turn you pick a number and play it face down. The number matches a place on the boat you are going to place one of your objects. If a piece falls off the boat when it is tilting and you catch it as long as it is not the one you just placed they are taken out of the game. Any piece that falls off the boat and is not caught goes to your inventory. The number on the card also indicates the player order. Whoever has the highest number is the Captain and goes first. The Captain also decides who goes first on ties. After each player has had their 10th turn you see how many items you have in your inventory. The person with the least amount is the ultimate Captain and winner.


I can't wait to have more game days and play all the games! 




Comments

Popular Posts